Remembering Ryan Klesh

A place for friends to remember, share stories and pictures, and express our love and appreciation for the life and times of the legendary Ryan P. Klesh. Please keep your posts coming -- we all need to hear more about the greatness of Ryan. Sharing your stories keeps more parts of him alive. Thank you.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Falling To Pieces

Several years ago I fell victim to the weekly “indoor beer tastings” of the “Play House” and the friendship of the crazy Irish bastards that lived there (Brian, Ryan, and Ed…though Ed and I had some tough times regarding certain items of girly colored sports memorabilia). Though I’m zero percent Irish, my name is; so they were fooled and they let me in. Big mistake, if you value your beer supply (and light fixtures and windows)! I frequented that house and the times we had together were great. Every time I’d enter the house, Ryan was there to greet me with his sinful laugh and his rock star yell, “AHHHHHH Clancy, you crazy bastard!” And at that moment, life was good, and the beer tasting would begin.

Over the short period that I knew him, Ryan became a damn good friend. I’ve always admired his sense of humor, sincerity, and his unrelenting fondness and acceptance of the people around him, regardless of their life’s story. I guess I didn’t have to tell you that, because his goodness was very apparent. Life’s journey is a struggle, especially when it comes to figuring out how to live a good one. Ryan had that down pat at a relatively young age. He is one of the very few people that I regard as a pro in living the humble, intelligent, good natured, and loving life of in the spirit of Jesus’ example (although I heard that Jesus preferred wine over Jamo). I learned a lot while he was here, and I know he’ll continue to guide all of us. And, to be quite honest, I’ll have to work pretty darn hard to live up to all of those teachings. I shall always love the life and the memory of our sublimely clever and 100% kick-ass friend Ryan P. Klesh.

It’s been hard to see you go, brother. God bless you.
-Clancy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home