Remembering Ryan Klesh

A place for friends to remember, share stories and pictures, and express our love and appreciation for the life and times of the legendary Ryan P. Klesh. Please keep your posts coming -- we all need to hear more about the greatness of Ryan. Sharing your stories keeps more parts of him alive. Thank you.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My Memories of Ryan

I remember the first time I met Ryan, it was the coldest night of the past winter, we’re talking negative something with god only knows how cold of a wind chill. I had wandered down to Thurman’s solo and the bar was unusually quiet (which judging by the weather was probably to be expected). Ryan and a few of his friends walked in together and procured the barstools next to mine, I don’t remember what caused him and I to start a conversation but we ended up talking half the night and then dragging poor Mike with us to Ma Fischer’s when the bar closed. Ryan laughed at all the layers I was wearing and laughed even harder when I slipped on the ice running to his car and fell flat on my ass. We hung out all night at my house and he had trouble leaving in the morning to go take care of somebody’s dogs because he parked his car on an ice bank. The last time I saw him was once again at Thurman’s though one of the people he was with didn’t want to be there so I joined Ryan and his friends in going to the garage (only after I got him to swing dance to The Talking Heads in the middle of Thurman’s).

I am going to miss him even though I never got the chance to know him as well as I wanted to, he was by far one of the nicest and sweetest people I have ever met in my life and also one of the most fun, I mean how many people do you meet in life that will share their I-pod and dance and sing along with you to it when you’re in a club and you don’t like the music that’s playing there?


-Liz (aka the Thurmans chick)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home