Remembering Ryan Klesh

A place for friends to remember, share stories and pictures, and express our love and appreciation for the life and times of the legendary Ryan P. Klesh. Please keep your posts coming -- we all need to hear more about the greatness of Ryan. Sharing your stories keeps more parts of him alive. Thank you.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Remembering Ryan Klesh

Remembering Ryan Klesh

The Boys are Back in Town

Whenever I hear that famous Thin Lizzy Song, I will always think of Ryan Klesh. There were so many great stories told as we mourned our friend over the last few days. Everyone had their own personal account that they have treasured through the years. For me, it will always be how Ryan Klesh was a music connoisseur. He had a true appreciation for lyrics. He dove into them and soaked up every word of every song. How fitting that at the wake Ryan's favorite songs were being played.There are those who listen to music....and then there is Ryan Klesh. I recall in the summer of 1993, when we were all just starting to drive, listenening to Down on the Corner by CCR. We rewound that song countless times because Ryan was trying to decipher what the hell John Fogarty was saying. He was laughing at the Cajun twang and how for the life of him he couldn't figure out what he were saying! Music truly took Ryan places he had never been. It was what made him Ryan. I wish that after high school I kept in better touch with Ryan. I have had a heavy heart these past few days thinking about how we lost touch. I went from seeing him often to seeing him occasionally, to hardly seeing him at all. I was blessed to recently catch up with him at a wedding, what a gift from God that was for me. Ryan-the boys were back in town again on monday and tuesday, we were hanging out at Pacers because I don't think there is a Dino's in Lakewood-and, it will never be the same without you. But I have come to this, like music you will never be gone. As long as there is music, there you will be.

Tommy Fox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home