Remembering Ryan Klesh

A place for friends to remember, share stories and pictures, and express our love and appreciation for the life and times of the legendary Ryan P. Klesh. Please keep your posts coming -- we all need to hear more about the greatness of Ryan. Sharing your stories keeps more parts of him alive. Thank you.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

To the family of Ryan Klesh

To the family of Ryan Klesh,

I had known Ryan for about four years. He and I both worked together at Legal Action of Wisconsin. Ryan was a very easy person to approach, which I believe is why I was able to know him well both inside and outside of work. Ryan had made many friends along his journey. I am sad to not have him here anymore but the memories and impact Ryan made on people will not be forgotten.

I want to tell you what I remember the most of Ryan. He was an extraordinary man. One of the great qualities he possessed was the ability to bring people closer together. Ryan loved a good crowd of his friends having a good time telling stories and jokes. In the very essence, he enjoyed just a simple conversation with common folks he loved to be around. After work Ryan enjoyed many good times. One of his extracurricular after work activities I had enjoyed with Ryan was playing on the Legal Action co-ed kickball team. You remember the game kids in the 4th grade used to play at the baseball diamond. Ryan loved this sport. He always loved the competitive spirit. After the game, we may have enjoyed a few pitchers talking about the strategy of winning the next game or plays made in the outfield. You see we were not very good in the overall wins column but that didn’t matter to Ryan. It mattered most to just go out there and make some plays. He would always seem to talk you up…making you feel you were better than maybe you actually were. One of the other activities Ryan would never seem to miss out on was our annual Christmas party. At one of the Christmas parties a few of our co-workers along with Ryan put on a talent show. Ryan with his co-worker buddies put on a skit that made everyone just laughed out loud. He was a man that you could just laugh with, but at other times be serious. Ryan would have his arms around you telling you how well you were doing your job and why they were not paying you more money. Ryan was very good at giving exiting speeches for people leaving the firm. I vividly remember the last one he gave. Everyone was so agreeable with the appreciation he gave toward his “soon to be leaving co-worker”. Ryan was a man of great words! He made you feel you were part of a family and would be greatly missed.

Ryan had a very big heart. When someone needed a hand, Ryan was there to lend the help. I had asked him a few times to either drive me to the airport or give me a lift when it came time to picking up my vehicle at the auto shop. Every time he played it off saying that it was no big deal and would be glad to help you out. His marked words were “when and what time”. Another time he let me borrow his sacred Jonny Cash CD collection This guy did what he could to help his co-workers and friends out from painting, to moving, to sanding a boat , and sitting other peoples houses and dogs. Ryan did this all without looking for anything in return but your friendship.

Being a good listener was another thing Ryan did well. I had many lunch outing with him. I felt at ease when talking with Ryan. I could say just about anything (the good and the bad) and he would understand. We would talk about work, friends, girls, careers, and what our plans for the weekend were and how the last one ended.

Ryan loved his annual camping trip to the north woods with his possy of friends enjoying the ride down the river. He loved the extravaganza to Ireland with his Mom. He thought it was so cool while sitting at a bar in Ireland and seeing the “I Closed Wolski’s” sticker behind the bar. He was very proud of his Irish roots. But the thing I believe he loved most was enjoying the company of good friends. I will truly miss you my friend. His memories will be with me forever. Thank you Ryan for being my friend.

Jason Jaworski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home