Remembering Ryan Klesh

A place for friends to remember, share stories and pictures, and express our love and appreciation for the life and times of the legendary Ryan P. Klesh. Please keep your posts coming -- we all need to hear more about the greatness of Ryan. Sharing your stories keeps more parts of him alive. Thank you.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

eulogy for "the Rhino"

A eulogy for "The Rhino"
I've known Ryan since he was seven years old; and, as a result, his family asked that I deliver the eulogy at his Funeral Mass immediately before the Final Benediction and the Recessional [Handel's Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah: the music Ryan loved to sing at the top of his lungs during that special time of year when he donned his Santa cap and brought an extra measure of cheer to his mam and dad, his siblings, and friends like me.]
Originally written in longhand on yellow legal paper, the eulogy will be made available in hard copy to his mom, dad, sister Allison and brother Adam--after which I'll post it here.
In the meantime, while his dad Al Klesh [my best friend] is in Milwaukee to participate in Ryan's Pub Wake, I remain in Lakewood with Al's schnauzer [von Christoph's Billie-Rose aka Ms Billie.]
Tomorrow, after church, friends and well-wishers will gather at my home for a CD grab [detalis may follow], after which I'll pick up Al from the airport after his return flight from Milwaukee.]
Meantime, Ciao!
Allan Krepina [Ignatius '58; Xavier (HAB) '62]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home